Eight Things You Should Know Before Having Your Car Repaired
- There is no law requiring that you obtain more than one estimate or appraisal.
- You have the right to go to the auto body repair shop of your choice. Your insurance cannot require you to go to a particular shop.
- NEVER drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages caused by a collision.
- Some insurance companies may ask you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You have the right to request that they come to you foran insurance inspection.
- Your car is often your second largest investment. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally by a reputable body shop.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you're not sure why one estimate is different from another you've received, please ask us for a detailed explanation.
- Ask if the body shop you are considering will be using genuine OEM (original equipment manufacturer) replacement parts.
- Ask your body shop about their warranty. Insurance companies often DO NOT guarantee the repairs to your car (they only pay for the repairs).